Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week Nine: Online Applications and Tools

I took a look at free online productivity tools. There are so many. One I explored more in depth was [www.rememberthemilk.com]. It is a web based to-do list that can be accessed in several way. It is free. You add items to your list. The tasks are sorted by date and can be edited by adding tags or assigning priority levels. You can click on the box next to a task lets you mark it as complete. postpone it, or edit it further. There is a Help feature. You can add a plug-in for Google Calendar or gmail, reminders via Twitter, an RSS feed of your tasks and a bookmarklet for adding items quickly. Pro members, who pay a $25. annual fee can sync their lists with an iPhone, IPod touch, Blackberry or Windows Mobile device.

I explored the Web 2.0 Award Winners. I reviewed the winners on the SEOmoz's Web 2.0 Awards - Just the Winners list in 2008 for 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and the honorable mention. In the 1st place category I had the opportunity to visit Craigslist where I looked at Fairfield County. It won for Classified and Directories category I found Google Docs won for Collaborative Writing and Word Processing. In 1st place for best Hosted Wikis went to PBwiki. I was surprised that WorldCat and LibraryThing only won honorable mention in the Books category. I found this site with all the winners was quite helpful and I will save it for future reference.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review of Remember the Milk- I've been meaning to try the site out, and will have to check it out this weekend.

    I dig the web 2.0 award winners site. There is always a new site or new tool that I learn about. I like the cocktail builder site! List what ingredients you have on hand and it will help you build a cocktail.

    ReplyDelete