Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week Five: Podcasts, Downloadable Audio

I downloaded an audiobook from NetLibrary (The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin) from the New Canaan Library. I found it a cumbersome process. I would like to promote this service to parents and children. I wish that it were an easier task. Perhaps it will be in the future.

I listened to several podcasts from Simmons and New Canaan Library author visits. It is a good service to have if one cannot attend a program. I listened to ALA's ALSC Newbery Award with Sara Long and Rose Tremino.

I visited YouTube. It is a video sharing website where one can upload and share videos. As an unregistered user I watched and listened to Obama's apology to his overreaction to the Cambridge Police. I have in the past watched and listened to MSNBC to big stories like Michael Jackson's memorial service. I also watched and listened to the "Best Wedding Entrance Ever"and another video of a "Young Deer Bathing a Cat" in some wildlife rehab center. There are many other similar sites which I found a list on Google. I visited Blip.tv where there was a clip on extending gardening time in a hoop house.

2 comments:

  1. Great to be able to have lectures available to folks who are unable to attend. Have you used any other vendors for downloadable audio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not used other vendors for downloadable audio. However, I would like to try Overdrive sometime.

    ReplyDelete