Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 2: Getting Started with Blogging
I created my blog. [
Curiousbusyb.blogspot.com].

Week 3: RSS and Newsreaders
I add a RSS feed from the Children's Room OPAC. It the Easy Readers. I added the ALSC blog, the Hornbook blog and the New Canaan Library Children's Room blog, which I update twice a month. A while ago I added the Yahoo! News.

Jumping ahead - Week 7: Wikis
I think libraries can really use wikis for inhouse organizing. e.g. I could use it in the Children's Room to add bibliographies, book groups titles, staff schedules to name just a few. All information would be in one place for quick access.

I contributed to the New Canaan Library Learning 2.0 wiki. I added information for Alice to develop a five-year plan. I added information on what's happening nationally in the children's field, added information on what's happening in Fairfield County Public Libraries in the Children's area and I incorporated ideas to be implemented in the New Canaan Library's Children's Room.

2 comments:

  1. Great-- how did you find using the wiki? Can you see using it for more projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I would like to use the wiki in the Children's Room for the Information Desk. It could include staff schedules, bibliographies, meetings, school projects and much more.

    ReplyDelete